Thursday, November 21, 2013

a picture of my Grandma


This is a picture of my dad's parents, known by me, my brother, and my cousin Shannon as "Grandpa and Grandma New".

This is several years ago, when they got married.  I forget the exact year...  But my dad was born in 1960 and he was their second child, and all three of their kids were some time after this picture was taken, so I'm thinking 1953 or so.

Anyway, I have been told by pretty much everyone who sees pictures of Grandma that I look just like her.

And I agree for the most part.  Except for her thick nearly black hair and her ability to tan (probably because she was 1/8 Cherokee, and my Native American-ness just can't compare to hers), I look a lot like her.

My point is, I'm happy to look like Grandma New.  She is a beautiful woman.

1 comment:

Mariebop said...

I love seeing old pictures of friends' families and noticing the resemblances. I'm the spitting image of my mom. Someone from my mom's youth came to my grandfather's funeral and he knew I was her daughter.

Grandma New is a beautiful woman and so are you. :D