Friday, June 7, 2013

Wave 1 - Day 6

Breakfast was the usual:  1 cup oats with 1 cup almond milk.

Snack: cottage cheese with blackberries and some green tea

Lunch out: Ghengis Grill bowl
in the mix: fish, beans, brown rice, lots of veggies

Dinner: 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread, cherry tomatoes,
no sugar added applesauce

I went shopping!!!  Yay for a bigger variety.
Today was so much better than any previous day on this diet. I think that I'm finally nearing the end of the major physical withdrawals that came from quitting my beloved junk food cold turkey.  I finally feel the rewards of healthy eating, and am seeing how I could keep this up for a long time.

I'm still looking forward to wave 2, when I get to drink wine every day and have chocolate a few times a week.  :-)


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you! For a while there, it was pretty bad, I know. But you made it through :) Good ole willpower came through in the end and you made it through the grocery store run! Congrats, Leah <3

jamier said...

I just found your blog and I am pretty glad I did.
It seems like you and I have quite a bit in common with regards to goals and obstacles and what not.
I will be sticking around to see how you do.
(I also am just itching for those size 14's to fit... just a few pounds to go. I've gone from a Size 20 to a 16 though and most of my 14's will fit in 5-10 pounds.) You can bet I'll be doing a happy dance for you when you get there.