Monday, May 9, 2011

Two Years later...

On Saturday, May 9, 2009... I took the plunge. I signed up for Weight Watchers online.


I was skeptical, since I had tried WW before and it "didn't work".

I was also excited to eat carbs again! I had just ended an attempt at The South Beach Diet, and it was killing me. Plus, my brother Joel had just made lifetime, and he looked fantastic (still does!).

I was so sick of being fat. I felt miserable most of the time. Whenever I was smiling, it was only on the outside. To be fair, this was not just about my weight. I was depressed about a lot, which contributed to my weight gain, which contributed to my depression. It was a vicious cycle.

So, after I realized that I could not do South Beach one more day, I decided to join Weight Watchers. At first, it was just on paper. I didn't really follow WW until some time in June. But, I took that first step on May 9, 2009.

Two years!!!! Two years ago, I weighed 220 pounds and was ridiculously depressed about my life and my future.

Today: I weigh 146 pounds (down 74, baby!) and am ridiculously happy and optimistic about my life and my future.

The weight loss has definately contributed to my happiness, I'm not going to lie. With weight loss came more self-confidence. With more self-confidence, I was able to slowly but surely drag myself out of a deep depression, and start making positive changes in my life.

Two years on Weight Watchers!!! Woo-hoo!!!

I'll celebrate this day every year for the rest of my life. May 9th is a good day indeed.


art: by Lisa Frank ;-)


6 comments:

Me said...

how exciting and awesome! you definitely rock my socks :)

~ Jury said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah, Lisa Frank! :)

Congrats on 2 years! You're awesome!

Unknown said...

Happy Two Years!!!

Rachael said...

Happy two years and Lisa Frank is awesome as are you!!! I wish you continued success, I know you will get to where you want to be.

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!! I'm so glad you were able to make this life change for yourself. You've done an amazing job.