Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sharing My Journal, Day 2

Food and Exercise Journal, May 11

time- food (PointsPlus)

6:20am- The Firm Weight Loss Solutions DVD (+7)

8:00am- oatmeal (P), banana (P), soy milk (P)

12:15pm- whole grain cous-cous (P), kidney beans (P), tomatoes (P), evoo (P), wasa flatbread crackers (3)

5:00pm- Curves circuit training (+2)

5:45pm- brown rice (P), garbanzo beans (P), baked veggies (P), evoo (P)

6:30pm- 2 bananas (P), chocolate peanut butter (6)

9:00pm- shredded wheat (P), soy milk (P)

Points Summary:
WPA used: 0/0
AP earned: 9
AP used: 9/41

GHG Summary:
Fruits/Veggies- CHECK!
Healthy Oils- CHECK!
Lean Protein- CHECK!
Whole Grains- CHECK!
Activity- CHECK!
Sugar/Alcohol- CHECK!
Vitamins- NOPE...
Liquids- CHECK!

Lessons Learned:
I ate three bananas in one day... probably not the best idea.  However, bananas are a power food, and I was actually hungry each time I ate a banana.  Still, it's best to eat more of a variety of fruits and vegetables, and bananas are not low in calories, even if they are zero PointsPlus, so it's something that I should probably not do every day.  Also, I was not hungry at 9, but just wanted to eat.  So I had a small bowl of shredded wheat with some soy milk.  Power Foods?  Yes.  But it's not good to eat just for the sake of eating.  I was satisfied before that snack, and didn't need it.

Tomorrow's Plan:
breakfast- oatmeal with soy milk and peaches
lunch- boca burgers, green beans, salad, evoo
dinner- brown rice, black beans, steamed veggies, evoo
snacks (only if hungry!)- Green Monster smoothie, fruit, veggies, Lara Bar
exercise- cardio for 6 AP (probably on the bike)

2 comments:

Jes said...

Love your food/exercise journal! I'm not on WW or anything, but I find it really inspiring. I need to get my butt in gear :)
Jes

Me said...

looks like someone needs to reread her blog post on how to take a vitamin! :) i forget all the time too.