Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sharing My Journal, Day 1

It's been a long time since I've shared my journal with you guys!  And since I've been slacking on the "Tasty Tuesday" threads, I figure that I'll make it up to you by sharing my food and exercise journal with you for a few days.  There will be pictures sometimes, but not for yesterday's unfortunately. 

There will be a few changes since my last shared journal, since my routine and my plan have changed.  For example, since I'm no longer counting PointsPlus for everything, as I am on the Simply Filling Technique of Weight Watchers, I will only list the PointsPlus values for foods that are not on the Power Foods list.  For Power Foods, I will put a "P".  :-)    I also have started to pre-track all APs in for the week in advance, so though it will look as if I've already earned 41 APs, most of those have yet to actually be earned.

Hope you enjoy my journal!

Food and Exercise Journal, May 10

time- food (PointsPlus)

8:00am- oatmeal (P), craisins (3), almonds (3)

12:15pm- whole grain cous-cous (P), kidney beans (P), tomatoes (P), evoo (P), pickles (0), NSA applesauce (P)

5:00pm- brown rice (P), garbanzo beans (P), steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower (P), evoo (P)

6:45pm- Subway salad: all veggies except olives with vinegerette (1 for dressing)

9:30pm- 40 minutes on recumbent bike (+6)

10:15pm- shredded wheat (P), soy milk (P)


Points Summary:
WPA used: 4/4 (all WPA are now gone for the week)
AP earned: 6
AP used: 3/41 (41 APs are pre-tracked for my planned exercise for the week)

GHG Summary:
Fruits/Veggies- CHECK!
Healthy Oils- CHECK!
Lean Protein- CHECK!
Whole Grains- CHECK!
Activity- CHECK!
Sugar/Alcohol- CHECK!
Vitamins- NOPE...
Liquids- CHECK!

Lessons Learned:
I forgot breakfast at home.  I had a big bowl of oatmeal made with a sliced banana, and left it on the counter!  Usually I eat my oats at work.  Luckily, a co-worker had a packet of oatmeal to spare, and I had some samples from Curves (100 calorie packs of craisins and almonds, yum!) that I added to it.  It ended up being a pretty filling breakfast, even though I had to eat some PointsPlus that I had not planned to use.  Lesson: don't forget my breakfast, but it's okay to improvise in a pinch.

Today's Plan:
breakfast- oatmeal with soy milk and banana
lunch- leftovers from yesterday's lunch
dinner- leftovers from yesterday's dinner
snacks- bowl of shredded wheat, big salad, fruit
activity- Curves (+2), The Firm DVD (+7)

P.S. Curves is only a possibility right now, and The Firm was completed this morning!

No comments: