Friday, May 20, 2011

May Measurements

Here is my second set of measurements.  The first measurements post can be found here.  It was on April 11, and I said that I would do monthly measurements updates... oops!  But better late than never!

I could not find my little red shorts, but I found another tiny pair of shorts for the comparison photo.  I must say that I don't see much of a difference, but here they are, side by side, April 11 me vs. May 21 me.


My new meaurements (+/- in inches)

neck - 12.5 (0)
upper arm - 11 (0)
forearm- 8.5 (-.5)
bust (widest part)- 37 (0)
waist (smallest part) - 30 (0)
waist (largest part, belly button) - 36 (-1)
hips (largest part, butt) - 42.5 (0)
thigh (largest part)- 22 (-1)
calf (largest part) -15 (0)

total difference: -2.5 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exciting to me, since INCHES lost is what I'm going for.  Inches lost will get me into my goal jeans, even if pounds lost haven't.  I'm so excited that my hard work has paid off.

If you aren't already taking measurements regularly, I highly recommend it.  It has been highly motivating.  I will try to go 4 or 5 weeks and then measure again.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WTG!!!
I need to get some measurements going -- I haven't measured in MONTHS!!!

Leanne @ The Skinny Architect said...

That's awesome, you look fantastic! You'll fit into those goal jeans in no time!

Anonymous said...

I can see a difference, your waist is a little tinier and your upper legs are slimming down !!!

I think I need to do some measuring myself.

Have a great weekend !!

Katy said...

I agree with Sweet Pea-I can tell a difference in your waste and you look more toned! Way to go!

Katy said...

You are so close to 100 followers!!!!

Thin Lizzy said...

you can really tell around the middle! great work lady!

Amanda said...

I noticed it in your thighs right away! Congrats on all the weight loss and body changes.

Julia said...

You are AMAZING! Congrats on all your success!

LabelSnob said...

That is so AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work! I love measuring instead of getting on the scale! So much better to really tell where you are losing! I can def tell the difference between the two pics in your tummy and thighs! You look so great!