Monday, May 2, 2011

Get to Goal in 2011! Update.


Just wanted to do an update on how my big challenge of 2011 is going so far. 

Weight loss has been s-l-o-w in 2011.  It's weird to me that I haven't even really noticed this until now.  I've lost 11.1 pounds in 2011 so far.  And I'm thrilled about it!
Two years ago, I would have been upset that it's taking "this long" to get to my goal weight.  Now, almost two years into my weight loss journey/diet/lifestyle change/what-have-you, I see things so much more clearly. 

I am 100% committed to getting to my goal weight and staying there forever (well, child-bearing and menopause aside).  I no longer see my goal weight as "the end" of my "diet".  I am doing what I have to do to get this weight off, and keep it off.

On January 1, 2011, I had 22.6 pounds left to lose.  Now I only have 11.5 left to lose.  I am 1 and a half pounds away from being able to say this sentence:  "I've lost 75 pounds!!!"  And that will be so cool to say.  :-)  Today, I can say something nearly equally as cool-sounding:  "I've lost 73 and a half pounds!"

As of now, I'm aiming to lose .6 a week as a flexible goal that will get me down to my goal weight of 135 by my birthday on October 7.  I lost .3 last week, which is amazing considering how much overeating I did. 

Just wanted to update you all on how my challenge is going!

FYI:  I added labels to all of my blog entries!  Finally.  :-)  Now it's easy to find certain entries if you need or want to.  Doing this also was a great way to check in with myself and see how things are going with this blog.  I definately haven't blogged about The Kind Diet in way too long.  Also, I think it's almost time to do another 5-7 days of "sharing my journal" for you guys.  It will help me to get back on track, too. 

For now, stay tuned for Tasty Tuesday tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You're doing so great Leah!

LabelSnob said...

WOW! You have come a long way in 2011! I haven't kept any pounds off :(
You are SO going to hit your goal weight!