Friday, May 13, 2011

Sharing My Journal, Day 3

First of all, I am not happy with Blogger right now!  It was shut down for a while and it has removed my last post... supposedly it will be back soon.  So if it looks to you as if I skipped a day of sharing my journal, I did not.  Blogger is just being weird!

Food and Exercise Journal, May 12
time- food (PointsPlus)

8:00am- oatmeal (P), almond milk (LPF), peach (P)


12:30pm- 2 boca burgers (P), steamed broccoli (P), 1 tsp EVOO (P)

5:30pm- brown rice (P), black beans (P), baked veggies (P), 1 tsp EVOO (P)

7:00pm- banana (P), 2 tbs peanut butter (6)

7:30pm- small salad with green leaf lettuce (P), tomato (P), and vinegar (0)

8:30pm- strawberries (P)

9:30- 40 minutes on the bike (+6)

Points Summary:

AP earned: 6
AP used: 6/43
GHG Summary:

Fruits/Veggies- CHECK!
Healthy Oils- CHECK!
Lean Protein- CHECK!
Whole Grains- CHECK!
Activity- CHECK!
Sugar/Alcohol- CHECK!
Vitamins- NOPE... (note: I need to buy more vitamins!  Not because I'm out, but because I really want one that is targeted for vegans, with extra B12, iron, calcium, etc.)
Liquids- CHECK!

Lessons Learned:
Hmmmm, that's an awful lot of evening snacking. It makes me wonder whether or not I was actually hungry for all of that, or if I was eating just because I could and because it was there. Even though I made mostly healthy decisions (everything was Power Foods, with the exception of the peanut butter), I think that I overate a bit.


Today I will try to watch my evening hunger a little closer. I have plans all evening long, so it should be easier to avoid any boredom eating!

Today's Plan
Breakfast: oatmeal with banana and soy milk
Lunch: cous-cous with black beans, tomatoes, and EVOO
Dinner: 2 boca burgers with 2 big hamburger buns at BBQ fest (I am forced to bring my own "meat" so that I will not starve while Stacey pigs out on pig)
Snacks: leftovers from lunch, veggies and fruits
Exercise: The Firm Wave DVD

Tomorrow is my weigh-in!  I feel pretty good about it.  I have done very well this week!!!  I actually will have 20+ activity points left if I stick to my plan for today.  The last several weeks I've been in the red.  So here's the test to see if my body likes less food or more food!  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your journal, I have been struggling ALOT lately and seeing what you actually eat in a day helps me refocus !