Thursday, February 10, 2011

the good things about a snow day...



One good thing about taking the morning off from work because the roads are icy and and I almost got in a wreck so close to home that I turned around and called in:

Sleep! That's right, I reset my alarm clock for 10:30 and got three extra hours of beloved sleep.

Another good thing: High PointPlus Oatmeal!!!

Because I exercised from 11:05-11:45 (to The Young and the Restless, I might add), all before I ate anything, I had both my breakfast PointsPlus and my lunch PointsPlus to work with, for one giant bowl of delicious 13 PointsPlus oatmeal.

I didn't take a picture, but let me assure you, it was beautiful. :-) In case you ever find yourself wanting or needing to eat 13 PointsPlus of oatmeal, I've included my "recipe".

Leah's Super High PointsPlus Oatmeal:
1/2 cup oats, dry
1 cup light soy milk
1/4 cup granola
1/3 cup chocolate cheerios
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 banana

Microwave the oats in the soy milk for 2 minutes on high. Add the remaining ingredients and microwave an additional 40 seconds. Stir. Enjoy!!!
This post was brought to you by Katie, who reminded me that it's been awhile since my last post. If you haven't already, you should check out her blog!!!


1 comment:

Katie said...

OMG!!! That oatmeal sounds delicious! I love super high point oatmeal. I sometimes add chocolate chips to mine, haha =)