Friday, February 25, 2011

A few SFT "open-a-can" recipes!

Here are a couple of Simply Filling Technique recipes that are almost as easy to make as opening up a can (or two!). As I've mentioned, I absoultely love these "bowl" meals. They are so delicious, and to me, the look gorgeous! Just look at all of these bright colors. :-)


Cous-cous with beans and veggies
Ingredients:
  • whole grain cous-cous, cooked (I actually cooked this cous-cous in the microwave!!! Just microwave the water for about 2 minutes, then slowly add cous-cous until you get a desired consistency!)
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can diced spicy tomatoes
  • 1 can green beans, drained and rinsed
Rice, beans, and veggies done right!
Ingredients:
  • brown rice, cooked
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can garlic tomatoes
Because I am now following the Simply Filling Technique, I no longer have to measure the Power Foods. I just eat them to satisfaction!!!
To enjoy these meals, SFT-style, I serve myself a small bowlful at a time, adding a teaspoon of healthy oil on top.
Up next: My First Green Monster! (FYI: It wasn't my last...)


1 comment:

Michele Thomas said...

This is just my kind of recipe. There's nothing better than throwing something together, and I love the Vegans are Sexy at the top!! I often want to go vegan, but I just can't give up Greek yogurt.